It has been just over one year ago that our beautiful baby boy Easton James was born into this world. When I was 20 weeks pregnant with him we went in for a routine ultrasound. We were so excited to find out that we were having our first little boy, however we also were given some very bad news. The doctors found that Easton had a very large tumor that had been growing inside of his brain from the time that he started growing. Unfortunately,after many weeks of tests and different doctors studying the MRI, we had to come to grips with the fact that there was nothing that could be done to remove the tumor. Our sweet little son was sent to our family to obtain a mortal body for his eternal progression. But even more so he came for us, to change us for the better. From the moment that Jim found out that our son may not be here with us for long he began to study. He immediately began reading books and books all about the gospel and the plan of salvation. We had not been to the temple together for five years. We once again returned in January 2007. Jim was such a strength to me through the whole pregnancy. I dont know what I would have done if he had not turned to the Lord. I new that the only way that I would get through everything was through the comfort of my father in heaven. We were so blessed through those months. I know that is was through the many prayers and fasts held by so many countless people that we were so overwhelmingly sustained through it all. Only through the grace of our father in heaven Easton was born alive on March 15, 2007. He miraculously lived for 4 1/2 hours. We were so blessed to have the opportunity to hold him and feel of his perfect spirit. There was no other way to describe it besides Heaven. Myley was so sweet. She was 5 almost turning 6. She wanted to hold him so much. I think she may have held him more than I did and that was just fine with me. She was never scared. We had the previous months to somewhat prepare her for what would happen. She had so much faith. She new that Heavenly Father needed her brother back to help him, and to be a missionary on the other side. Mady was only 2 so she didn't know what to think. When I ask her now where her brother Easton is she simply says "He's playing with Jesus mom." Myley is now 7 going on 16. She is so cute and fun. She drives us all crazy because she is obsessed with Hannah Montana, even though she is not even allowed to watch her show on t.v. She will be in second grade in the fall which is coming way too fast. Mady is turning 4 on August 19. She will be starting preschool. She is so hilarious and always says the cutest things. August 17 we are expecting the newest edition to our family, and yes it is another little girl. We were just thrilled and thankful to find that she is perfectly healthy. Jim and I have finally agreed on a first name we just dont know for sure yet on the middle name. Her first name will be Elley. Jim is doing well, and keeping plenty busy at work as usual. We really love St. George, although we miss alot of our family so much! I am keeping busy at home with the girls. I do hair every once in a while, but I havent pushed to gain a clientelle here yet since I am pregnant. Now I am just counting down these last few weeks. It is hot down here right now, and I am so tired. I am trying to get the nursery ready and organizing the rest of my house. The whole nesting syndrome has really hit me lately. Well I hope everyone is doing well. I will post more pictures of the girls once I learn more and play around with this.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Easton James
Posted by Melany & Jim at 5:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi guys,
Its Katrina, Valery's friend. Im glad i found you guys. I just love your family.
Thanks for posting this blog. You are such a great person. You are so blessed to have Easton. This story has touched me so much. I am excited to get to read more.
love katrina
Hi Mel,
I just checked out your blog. Very Nice!! The way you wrote your experience with Easton, was well done. It sure brought back alot of thoughts and memories. That was a special day and I want to thank you for letting everyone spend time with Easton. That was a moment Pam and I will cherish and never forget. Soon you will have a new one to take care of, so have Jim use this blog to let us know what is going on. And send some pics. Who knows when we will get down there.It all depends on when you have the baby. Keep Smilin' and see ya soon.
Love Dad (Robb)
Post a Comment